Diabetes Awareness Course
Our Diabetes Awareness Course is aimed at all care sector staff and is designed to suit those working with adults, teenagers and children with diabetes. Training helps delegates achieve a general understanding of the challenges facing those with diabetes and the staff who help to manage these individuals. It also prepares delegates to carry out the preventative and reactive actions that can be taken to make care agencies far more effective.
Diabetes Awareness Course content:
- Understanding diabetes as a disease
- Distinguishing between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Understanding the principles of maintenance/self-help with regard to diet, lifestyle, medication and regular check ups
- Monitoring someone with diabetes
- When to seek urgent clinical assistance
- Welfare issues
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities. The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed. Staff should not be expected to be on duty Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.