Dementia Course (1 Day)
Our Dementia Course (1 Day) explores the condition in greater depth, looks at the different types of dementia, their effects on the person and those around them. It also looks at the common core principles for supporting people with dementia, introduces strategies and innovative resources to support the person. It looks at personalised strategies for communicating with and explores practical ways to enrich the lives of clients living with the condition.
This dementia course is aimed at staff who are new to the role of supporting Clients who live with Dementia. It is also useful for those looking to update their knowledge about the condition and/or have a deeper understanding.
Dementia Course (1 Day) content:
- What Dementia is and how it can affect people
- How the brain is affected by dementia
- Strategies to deal with confusion and memory loss
- Strategies for dealing with behaviours that distress the individual and those around them
- Impactful communication techniques
- The importance of providing person centric care
- Latest guidance and CQC requirements
- Latest case studies.
The course is delivered in 1 day and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with the interaction of group activities. The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed. Staff should not be expected to be on duty Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.