First Aid Instructor Enhanced Skills Course
Our First Aid Instructor Enhanced Skills course has been specially designed to give our first aid instructors the extra skills needed to enhance their first aid courses. Our course covers:
- Airway Management Techniques
- Catastrophic Bleeding
- Defibrillator Awareness
It has been developed to meet the requirements of industries that consider themselves to be at high risk following a suitable and sufficient risk assessment. This workshop will equip the trainer with the necessary skills, knowledge and expertise on how to apply a Tourniquet and Haemostatic dressings and how to manage an Airway in the event of an emergency.
First Aid Instructor Enhanced Skills Course content:
- Recap on the respiratory system
- Airway obstruction
- Suction techniques & the dangers
- Priorities of the airway ladder
- Airway management
- Catastrophic external bleeding, control measures and equipment
- Recognising a catastrophic external bleed
- Catastrophic external bleed control measures
- Casualty aftercare
- Dangers of the incorrect use of tourniquets and haemostatic products
- Introduction to the Automated External Defibrillator
- Functions of an AED
- How to use an AED on a casualty who has no normal signs of breathing
- CPD closure and assessment
To enroll on this course you need to be a first aid instructor with us or another training organisation. Your first aid skills will be assessed before the course commences.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.