Infection Control Course
Our Infection Control course equips delegates with the knowledge and skills to effectively adhere to the requirements of infection prevention and control policies and procedures. it looks at the causes of infection, the different types of germs and infection associated with Health Care (HCAI). In particular, it covers the importance of the management of infection prevention, and control, including cleanliness and how these relate to the legal obligations as well as looking at strategies to reduce and prevent the spread of infection.
The Infection Prevention and Control (including Cleanliness) course is aimed at all staff who have direct or indirect responsibility for the care and support of clients within the Care Sector.
Infection Control Course content:
- Definition of infection prevention and control
- How individuals become infected
- Different types of germs and infection
- Health Care Associated Infections (HCAI)
- The importance of infection control and the management of HCAI
- Effective hand washing techniques
- Effective use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How Infection can be Prevented based on current guidance
- The importance of following company policies and procedures
- The role of reflective practice and continuous professional practice.
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities. The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed. Staff should not be expected to be on duty Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.