Management and Prevention of Pressure Areas and Sores Course
Our Management and Prevention of Pressure Areas and Sores course is designed to provide an understanding of the causes of pressure sores and their impact on the client, including strategies to support the healing process. It also looks at the part nutrition and hydration play in the healing process.
Our Management and Prevention of Pressure Areas and Sores course is aimed at all staff who have the responsibility to care for and support clients.
MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION OF PRESSURE AREAS AND SORES COURSE CONTENT:
- The main structures of the skin
- What is a pressure ulcer?
- Ability to grade a pressure ulcer
- Identify the causes of pressure ulcers and who is at risk
- Understand the role of risk assessments in the prevention of pressure ulcers and risk assessment tools
- Understand the importance of good practice
The course is delivered in 3 hours, and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn and interact during group activities. The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed. Staff should not be expected to be on duty. Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.