Immediate Life Support (ILS) Course
Immediate Life Support was developed by Resuscitation Council UK for healthcare professionals who may have to act as the first responder in an emergency, giving them the skills to manage patients in cardiac arrest before a cardiac arrest team arrives.
An ILS course provides a variety of skills, from managing a deteriorating patient, identifying causes and treating cardiac arrest, to improving abilities as both a team member and leader.
The aim of this course is to train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation, enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until the arrival of a cardiac arrest team, and to participate as members of that team. The course is run over one day and consists of lectures and practical sessions.
The ILS course is suitable for doctors, medical students, nurses, nursing students, midwives, paramedics and student paramedics, physiotherapists, dentistry professionals and other health and care professionals. It may also be suitable for fire service technicians, police personnel and prison officers.
IMMEDIATE LIFE SUPPORT (ILS) COURSE CONTENT:
- Describe the principles that underpin basic life support
- Explain the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed
- Explain why early intervention is necessary
- Describe different types of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Understand what pulse oximetry is and why it is important in assessing a patient
- Explain the ABCDE approach to patient care
- Explain how to check a patient’s pulse, temperature, blood pressure and other observations
- Explain what hypoxia is and how it affects the patient
- Explain the difference between heart attack, angina and sudden cardiac arrest
On successful completion of the Immediate Life Support (ILS) course, you will receive a certificate with 6 hours enhanced CPD. This training meets the criteria for GDC development outcomes C.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.